Monday 7 May 2012

Pulling ideas together




I was really inspired by Janet Bottomley's Liberated Quilting workshop and driven to see how the techniques would develop on a larger scale. I made the Diamond Jubilee in asterisk squares and even got the T-Shirt. I went on to make the pointed stars in some very challenging colours which I am calling Commonwealth. I mused over Sandra's workshop products that we created using wax crayons, acrylic paints and then embellished with fabric pens. I could not find a way to pull them all together so I dyed them with reactive dyes and created my Raspberry Delight. It was all great fun and I learnt so much pulling the Liberated Quilts together whilst incorporating the other techniques that we have explored so far. Can't wait for the next meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Was hoing someone would put these on the blog, Margaret - so good to see them here!

    ReplyDelete